Coffee and biscotti are such a good friends. My coffee seems much happier when I have biscotti next to it, and so do I!
Biscotti is super easy to make. I love the fact that it doesn’t have any oil, so no mess and they’re healthy! I posted a biscotti recipe with wild yeast in a previous post. This time I used baking powder. So you don’t need to wait. If you don’t have time to wait use this recipe!
Biscotti (makes approx. 18-20 sticks)
70g of standard flour
100g of high grade/strong flour
30g of almond meal*
80g-100g of sugar
5g of baking powder
2 eggs beaten
a little bit of vanilla oil (optional)
80g of your choice of dry fruits (I used cranberries, blueberries, goji berries)
80g of whole almond or your choice of nuts (I used pistachio)
*You can replace almond meal with standard flour if you don’t have any
- Roast nuts in the oven at 150℃ for 10-15min. Soak dry fruits in warm water for 5-10min if needed, then drain off the water.
- Put all the flours (flour, almond meal, sugar) in a bowl, mix them with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and vanilla oil to the flours, along with the nuts and dry fruits.
- Shape the dough into one big flat rectangle. 1.5-2cm thick.
- Bake the dough in a preheated oven at 170℃ for 20 – 25min.
- Let the dough cool a bit and slice it 1cm thick. Put each slice on on a baking sheet, sliced side up, bake them in the oven at 160℃ for 15min. (careful not to burn)
- Let the biscotti cool in the oven.